Happy birthday, Occupy Wall Street!
A gathering of worthwhile links of interest both old and new. Presence here does not indicate agreement on our part.
- OWS: WATCH LIVE: #S17
- Live updates from The Guardian: Occupy Wall Street protests return for one-year anniversary
- Democracy Now: Monday, September 17, 2012
- The Nation: Occupy, After Occupy
- Jacobin: Debt: The First 500 Pages – A critical review of David Graeber’s Debt: The First 500 Years
- Jacobin: China in Revolt – Few in the West are aware of the drama unfolding in today’s “epicenter of global labor unrest.” A scholar of China exposes its tumultuous labor politics and their lessons for the Left.
- InfoShop News: The Broken Teapot: A critical analysis of current “accountability” models
- Revolution by the Book: The AK Press Blog: Radically Democratic Extremism: An Interview with Joel Olson – an argument in favor of fanaticism
- Radio: Behind the News with Doug Henwood – at 31:21: Interview with Melissa Gira Grant on Sex Workers – a former sex worker debunks the ideology of sex workers’ self-named saviors
- The New York Review of Books: The Left vs. the Liberals – if someone wanted to read and review this book for the Portland Radicle…