- Shocker: The administration of the death penalty in Houston, Texas is racist.
- Google settles a 38-state suit for sucking up passwords and other information during its Street View project, agrees to pay $7 million, or, as Google sees it: $chickenshit.
- The Toronto Globe and Mail looks at the psychological impacts of drones on civilian populations they regularly patrol.
- New Securities and Exchange nominee Mary Jo White mirrors what Attorney General Eric Holder said last week: the government takes into consideration whether banks are too big to fail when considering criminal charges.
- New study shows that the Earth is warming at a faster rate than it has in 11,000 years.
- Thousands more dead pigs recovered from the Huangpu River in Shanghai.
- State police investigating corruption in the Cornelius, Ore. police department.
- Athens police station firebombed in memory of Revolutionary Struggle militant Lambros Foundas, who was killed in a gunfight with police in 2010.