- The dolphin revolution remains on hold: escaped Ukranian “killer dolphins” story a hoax.
- The U.S. is barring Shell from drilling in the Arctic after a protracted series of accidents and the grounding of a drill rig last December.
- Egyptian police blamed for nearly 900 killings during the 2011 revolution.
- Reuters deputy social media director is accused of aiding Anonymous in their hack of the website of the Los Angeles Times.
- Google Reader to be shut down on July 1; people are piiiiissed.
- Whistleblower and former executive for private prison labor provider Oregon Corrections Enterprises is fired after revealing the troubling financial relationship between the state Department of Corrections and OCE last year.
- Former Hillsboro police chief who resigned this month to be given a severance package, even though his contract doesn’t provide one if he voluntarily resigned.
- Demonstration to mark the International Day Against Police Brutality is tonight at 8 PM, at Holladay Park in Northeast.
- An anti-capitalist general assembly is scheduled for 5 PM, this Saturday, at PSU.