- May Day anti-capitalist march announced in Seattle.
- One person who has successfully evaded a subpoena from the federal grand jury seeking to prosecute property destruction at the May Day march in Seattle last year checks in with a message.
- International coalition deciding on whether to purchase airliner-sized “Global Hawk” drones, deploy them to spy on China and North Korea.
- New fashions are unveiled to help deter thermal-image surveillance by aerial drones.
- Protesters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin take action after the death of Derek Williams, whose death in police custody, which was ruled a homicide, will go unpunished, according to a special prosecutor who examined the case.
- The shooting of a Texas district attorney may be linked to the white-supremacist Aryan Brotherhood.
- A tourist, believed to be American, was held against her will and repeatedly sexually assaulted for six hours on a public tour van in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Yamhill police shoot man accused of ramming an Oregon State Patrol car.