- An anti-police riot breaks out in an Atlanta, Ga. neighborhood where a man was beaten by multiple officers with batons the previous night. Bricks and rocks were thrown at police cars.
- Cops beat the shit out of a Portland man in 2011, alleging that he resisted arrest and fought them. What they didn’t know is that the incident was caught on camera.
- Protesters in Portland picket Adidas, pressuring them to pay back-pay for workers in a closed Indonesian apparel facility.
- Daniel McGowan, convicted as a terrorist for his role in two acts of property destruction claimed by the Earth Liberation Front, was forced to sign a document upon his return from one day of imprisonment, saying he won’t write articles or appear in media. McGowan had written an article saying that his nearly five years of imprisonment in Communications Management Units were due to his writing from prison. In some Kafkaesque shit, he was taken into custody by federal marshals three days later. Lawyers secured his release the next day.
- Oregon is seeking to partner with Hawaii and Alaska to become one of six government drone-testing sites.
- New York City agrees to pay$365,000 in a settlement over the destruction of the Occupy Wall St library, which was loaded into city trucks upon the camp’s eviction on November 15, 2011.
- The Government Accountability Office issues its second report on a stalled nationwide foreclosure review, finding that banks and their friends the regulators did a shit job. Oh well, right? Onward to recovery.
- ExxonMobil backwashes spilled oil into a partially-destroyed wetland in Mayflower, Ark., then they threw paper towels on it. Done?