- At the Olympia anarchist convergence at Evergreen this weekend, the event was shut down when a sketchy, serially-antagonistic blogger came in with his camera and started shooting photos of attendants. Police dispersed the event when someone threw his camera out a window.
- The Committee Against Political Repression and Portland Central America Solidarity Committee will host a bi-lingual workshop for people to know their rights in encounters with police on April 27.
- Some anarchists in Spain have sent mail-bombs to prominent Catholic clergy in boxes of vibrators.
- There are preliminary reports that Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, critically injured in a hospital, is awake and is answering questions. Tsarnaev has yet to be charged. Meanwhile, total right-wing bigot asshole Senator Rand Paul demanded a halt to the debate over immigration reform legislation until the question could be answered as to why the Tsarnaev brothers were allowed to emigrate to the U.S. Well, an answer could be that aside from the fact that simply being ethnically Chechen doesn’t make you a terrorist, they were 16 and 9 at the time, you stupid fuck.
- An earthquake in Sichuan province, China, killed 186 people on Saturday.
- Five people were killed in a shootout in Federal Way, Wash. this morning, about 20 miles south of Seattle.
- A court in Pakistan has declared that it won’t charge former dictator Pervez Musharraf with treason, though he still remains under arrest.
- Kansas signs “anti-choice greatest-hits” bill into law, denying women abortions with no exceptions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- News Corporation has reached a $139 million settlement with shareholders who accused the global media conglomerate of putting the company at risk, following widespread phone-hacking by Newscorp journalists and the resulting legal backlash in 2011.