- Federal agents with the FBI were lurking around in Seattle and Olympia, Washington yesterday, asking about particular people, showing up at schools, workplaces, and homes of those they were harassing. They can still fuck right off.
- Anarchists in Montreal, Quebec smashed up four banks in support of those being targeted in the Pacific Northwest.
- A coalition of government groups and other organizations are trying to land a lucrative federal grant to host a drone test site at the Moses Lake airport in Washington.
- The death toll in the Bangladesh garment factory collapse has risen to 300. 2,300 people have been pulled from the rubble and authorities expect hundreds more are still trapped in the building, which collapsed Wednesday. Yesterday, striking garment workers damaged hundreds of vehicles as they made their way through Dhaka and thousands more walked off the job. Bangladesh has a $20 billion garment industry, supplying some of the largest Western retailers, many of whom declined to pay for nationwide site inspection after a factory fire killed 112 people last year.
- The Hopi tribe has won a lawsuit in their long-running conflict in Arizona to save the San Francisco Peaks, which are sacred tribal sites, from the expansion of a ski resort.
- Teachers in Guerrero state, Mexico are rebelling, as right-wing president Enrique Peña Nieto has vowed to rapidly change the educational system in Mexico and strip teachers unions of their power. The teachers attacked the offices of four major political parties, including that of Nieto’s party, setting it on fire.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has started a Political Action Committee which has mainly pushed for immigration reform. It also supports the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline.
- Here’s a profile of Yomango, a shoplifting movement in Barcelona.
- An “ag-gag” bill which would criminalize investigators who expose abuses of livestock at agricultural sites has advanced in Indiana, with Democratic legislators who opposed the bill being ousted from the committee which drafted it.