- Spanish anarchist prisoner Gabriel Pombo da Silva has been transferred back to Villena prison, where he was previously held, after refusing to give testimony to Italian officials prosecuting their anti-anarchist program “Operation Ardire,” at another location.
- This week’s episode of The Last Straw on Asheville FM talks about NYC grand jury resister Jerry Koch, as well as ELF prisoner Marie Mason, and Solidarity With Longtime Political Prisoner day on June 11.
- Anticapitalists in Montreal got into the May Day spirit last week, but instead of marching, they just wrecked shit instead.
- One person posting on Puget Sound Anarchists wants you to know that they don’t break windows. I hope this anarchy thing catches on, so we can talk about things that are way more interesting; it’s been this window thing for forever, now.
- A new tree-sit has gone up in Willits, California, opposing a highway expansion.
- There’s a website that maps all the security cameras in Portland through user submissions. Check it out; there’s a whole-fucking-lot.
- Hillsboro cop Timothy Cannon, who opened fire on 11 Washington County cops with his AR-15, in a brief firefight at his home in which no one was hurt, had problems with drinking and attendance, records released by his former employers show.
- In some grotesque news that comes with a BIG OLD TRIGGER WARNING, the U.S. Air Force officer put in charge of preventing sexual assault was arrested for sexually assaulting someone, in news reported yesterday. A new report released today by the Pentagon says that sexual assaults are up 35% in the military since 2010.
- Three women separately abducted in Cleveland, Ohio ten years ago were found alive and as healthy as one could feasibly be in such a situation, miles from where they were kidnapped, yesterday.