- Here’s some information about the arrest in Athens of five Greek anarchists held by state anti-terrorism police. Two of the arrestees, Argyris Ntalios and Fivos Harisis-Poulos were wanted in connection with February robberies in Velventos, an incident that saw four anarchists tortured by police.
- Renowned physicist Stephen Hawking has boycotted an academic conference in Israel in solidarity with Palestinians.
- An 83-year-old nun and two others were convicted for breaking into a nuclear munitions site in Tennessee in 2012 and doing minor structural damage in an act of civil disobedience.
- A fire in a Dhaka, Bangladesh garment factory has killed eight people. A garment factory near Dhaka collapsed last month, with a death toll now reaching 900.
- The son of former Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani was shot and kidnapped at a political rally today.
- Federal prosecutors in New York say they have arrested seven people involved with a $45 million heist which involved hacking into a database of prepaid credit cards.
- Disney sought to trademark the phrase “Dia de Los Muertos,” in order to develop a Pixar cartoon and merchandise around the Mexican holiday, submitting their trademark application on May 1. A media shitstorm ensued and they backed off.