- The Seattle Police Department has their snitch page up, soliciting tips from the public in order to locate people wanted for fighting police and damaging property on May Day this year. They also link to this awesome video of a de-arrest.
- The hunger strike at the U.S. indefinite detention camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba has grown to 102 of 166 prisoners. Today marks 100 days since the strike started.
- In some seriously no-shit news from MSN: capitalism makes people act like callous assholes.
- A server at a Piedmont, Oklahoma Chili’s was fired for calling cops “stupid” in a Facebook post. Can we get this woman a job at Red and Black? Seriously, though, cops are stupid. As fuck.
- The state of South Dakota skipped a summit convened by nine Sioux tribes to address the epidemic of Native children being taken by the state and placed in white homes.
- The Justice Department has “complied” with an ACLU Freedom of Information Act request about warrantless wiretaps of electronic communications by releasing completely redacted documents.
- A series of bombings at mosques have killed 15 people in Northwest Pakistan.
- A bunch of jewelry set to be worn by celebrities at the Cannes film festival was stolen. It was worth an estimated $1 million.