- Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan has issued a “final warning” to those occupying Gezi Park and Taksim Square in Istanbul, and cryptically ordered his interior minister to “end” the occupation. Police fought protesters for an entire day on Tuesday, clearing Taksim Square, but the occupation of Gezi Park still remains.
- Anarchists in Barcelona, Spain attacked five banks in solidarity with Spanish anarchists arrested on May 15, at the Sabadell social space in Barcelona. The arrested have been charged with terrorism.
- Anarchists in Seattle smashed up a Starbucks in Capitol Hill.
- A toxic, 2.5 million gallon spill of oil and gas drilling waste water, discovered on June 1, has been acknowledged by Apache Corp, who operates the ruptured pipeline the waste spilled from in Alberta, Canada. Killing every plant it has come into contact with, and leaving 100 acres of devastation in the Alberta muskeg, the spill was only acknowledged when someone alerted a TV news station.
- Local police are increasingly building their own DNA databases, according to this report. The Supreme Court ruled that taking DNA samples of anyone arrested does not constitute unwarranted search and seizure on June 3.
- Today is the second day to call Colorado prison authorities and demand medical care for Byron Shane “Oso Blanco” Chubbuck, an indigenous warrior who robbed a string of banks in 1998 and 1999, in order to aid the Zapatista rebellion in Chiapas, Mexico. Oso Blanco has a troubling growth on his liver he needs examined, but prison officials are denying him care.